– 3rd November 2020 –
Racing season has started, and Jarden Melbourne Cup Week is the first to kick off.
We are lucky in NZ to be able to go to the races but in Melbourne the horses will race with only the trainers and jockeys as spectators. Following this we roll into spring racing, Barfoot and Thompson Twilight racing, Sky City Boxing Day racing and Sky City New Year’s Day Racing, NZ Bloodstock Karaka Million and Cup Week in NZ with Avondale Cup and Guineas Day races, Vodafone Derby Day, Barfoot and Thompson Auckland Cup Day.
Who is excited! Apart from the horses the next most important thing is your outfit and ladies we know we have to plan these things in advance! Here are some tips from Modes in Newmarket who have been racing outfit specialists for over 35 years:
- Racing attire is lady-like – no midriffs, booby tops, or short skirts and dress for the weather.
- Always wear a headpiece, it can be a jewelled headband or a crazy big hat – this completes your outfit
- Pay attention to your shoes, make sure they are comfortable as the day is long and nobody wants to be ‘that girl’
- Finish your outfit with perfect hair and makeup and make sure you take lipstick and powder to touch up throughout the day.
- Have something extra, maybe a stunning brooch or earrings, or lace gloves. Even the co-ordinated hanky for the male side of the equation.
Modes have a large selection of headpieces and outfits to match and I have found over the years of shopping there I am always classy, confident, and thrilled with my outfit!
They dressed me in 15 mins with the perfect combo and I noted while I was there they were busy trimming hatinator for all the fabulous outfits bustling around the mirror the day before the cup. modes.co.nz